Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 15:33:48 -0400
From:      Michael Graziano <mikeg@hoflink.com>
To:        Michael Oski <oski@jps.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem installing 10/03 beta

Michael Oski wrote:

> Mike,
>
> The first error is the same I experienced with the 9/23 -9/27 beta's. When I
> asked about it last week, Jordon responded that the install from DOS was not
> yet supported on the boot floppies I used. I'm not sure if this was ever
> enabled. I worked around it by moving the dist to another machine and doing
> an FTP install from there.

My solution with my last reinstall (this morning) was to use an old 2.2.7 boot
disk.
Perhaps this is causing the problem (though I don't know how), so I'll try
FTPing it later today.

> The second problem sounds like the driver parameters may be getting set
> differently between the two machines. I experienced a very similar problem a
> few years back when the write precomp was set to 0 (per the label on the
> disk) on the PC I installed in, and set to ??? (can't remember exactly) when
> auto-detected in the destination PC. I could boot from a DOS floppy and see
> the data, but couldn't boot or actually read the data IIRC. Just an idea...

Something told me it wouldn't be that simple, but I tried anyway.  No go.  It
almost seems
like the machine just doesn't like me anymore, maybe I should just push it out
the window
and file a claim on that insurance policy... :)

> MO!
>
> Michael Graziano wrote:

<Trimmed>