Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:55:57 +0800
From:      "nixien" <nixien@pd.jaring.my>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   boot loader problems

Hi all

I'm a newbie in freebsd.

I've a situation here.

First is about the CMOS setup. I'm using ALR OPTIMA 100mhz pentium, uses
BIOS V.20, and I have 6.5 gig harddisk. Inside CMOS setup, it shows only
156MB and it C/H/S is 1`3446/15/63 respectively. I couldn't access to manual
C/H/S setup due to system constraint. Anyhow, after initializing from CMOS,
the screen shows correct disk capacity, ie 6204 MB. As such, I didn't bother
what had happened in CMOS setup.

I continued to install FreeBSD 3.0.1. Everything seemed OK without major
problems - I made mistake here and there ,but still managed to fix after
several attempts. I made an selection on MBR -easyboot, so that I can select
among DOS and slackware.

After rebooting, a lists of options came out. F1 LInux, F2 FreeBSD, F3 DOS.
FYI, none of those work. It is because of the recoginition of C/H/S in CMOS
which cannot provide correct C/H/S information to boot loader(not very sure
about this termilogy)? or it is due to some  other things that I missed out
?

Would somebody kindly give me some ideas, and suggestions on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Nixien