Date:      Fri, 23 May 2008 15:56:35 +0200
From:      phoemix@harmless.hu
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ata mode at startup

--Sig_/nSD8oSvMITKceXn=p0WxPRF

Hello,

As known, FreeBSD sets the highest supported ATA mode, but sometimes it's
inproper, since the disk fails to work in this mode. This will be obsolate =
by
recent SATA drives, but PATA is still in use :)

I've though of the possibility of adding an "atamodetab" rc script, with wh=
ich
the administrator could specify the disk modes to set on startup.

I've already got a sketch for this script that I use, but I'd like to ask, =
does
it worth the effort working on it a bit more, and adding it to the core OS?=
think this would be a quite useful feature to have.

 --
Sincerely,

Gergely CZUCZY
Harmless Digital Bt