Date:      Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:09:11 +0200
From:      "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        ancelgray@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Hardware support for AMD Geode CS5536 audio?

Quoting ancelgray@yahoo.com (from Thu, 2 Oct 2008 05:05:12 -0400):

> To All,
>
> I finally have a working CS5536 audio driver for FreeBSD 6.2.  The =20
> filename is snd_amd5536.ko and I will be making it available =20
> shortly.  I have been using an ALIX-1C motherboard for my testing.  =20
> Anyone have other hardware that they want to test it on?
>
> Another question.  How does one get the FreeBSD people to put this =20
> driver into their OS?

You have to generate a patch for 8-current and send it to =20
multimedia@FreeBSD.org for review. There may be some improvement =20
suggestions or bug reports then. Fix the issues and generate a new =20
patch. When there are no issues anymore, send a PR (problem report) =20
with your patch. If you are lucky, a committer will take care of the =20
PR (or he may already approach you before you send the PR).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
It has long been an axiom of mine that the
little things are infinitely the most important.
=09=09-- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "A Case of Identity"

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137