Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:53:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5R Vat with SB16?

>  Well, the sound driver's  3.5  on rah have not received a lot of
>  testing on non-gus cards however if you like feel free to download
>  ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/snd01041996.tar.gz

when I used the 3.5 drivers from rah.star-gate.com on a sound blaster
even showaudio a file results in incompete sound playing (the end of the file
does not play as if the last part of the file is not flushed). I usually
see these machine once during the install and then they go to the owner's
homes so I don't have time to play with padding the sound file, I usually
back the sound drivers to the release code for these machines.

--mark.