Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 22:30:27 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        langfod@dihelix.com (David Langford)
Subject:   Re: DLT exchanger

As David Langford wrote:

> >If you're using FreeBSD-current, I believe you can use the chio(1)
> >command if you have the "ch" driver in your kernel.

> Yes, it was!!! :)  I never did publicy thank the FreeBSD team for doing this.
> So, if you guys are reading this THANK YOU!!!!

The thanks belong to Jason who's been submitting the driver.  The only
thing we FreeBSD folks did with it was leaving it in the GNATS queue
for too long. ;-)

I'm glad it works well for you, since i had to import it blindly,
without ever having a chance to get my hands on a media changer
device.  Given that some things have been evolving still in FreeBSD
since the time Jason submitted the driver, i still had to modify it
quite a bit.  Good to know it does its job.

> Here is the stupid short write-up I did for someone:

Can you please submit this to Peter da Silva, for inclusion into the
FAQ, or even better, to the docs folks for the handbook?

--
cheers, J"org