Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2007 00:08:29 -0700
From:      Andriy Babiy <ABabiy@shaw.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Joseph Marah <marahkeh@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Cannot pkg_add linux-flashplugin7

On March 31, 2007, freebsd-questions-request@freebsd.org wrote:
> I have tried to a couple of times to install a Micromedia-alike flash
> plugin for FreeBSD but failed. =C2=A0So far I have successfully installed=
 the
> linux-pluginwrapper as a requirement at
> /usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper. So I tried
> /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin7 and issued the command pkg-add -r
> linux-flashplugin7. The system attempted to download the file from ftp
> site but came back saying the file linux-flashplugin7 did not exist.
> =C2=A0Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Hi. I think it would be correct to install it using the port. Sometimes the=
=20
system cannot download the file; namely I had the same problem with this=20
port. You can download the file manually, and then replace the temporary=20
file created in /usr/ports/distfiles/flashplugin7xxx/... with the correct=20
one. Then go to /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin7 and issue make install=20
clean again. The system checks first whether the file is in the distfiles;=
=20
if it is not the case, it will fetch it.

Andriy