Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:47:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Cyclades Technical Support <support@cyclades.com>
To:        Randy Philipp <randy@umbc.edu>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help with Cyclades YeP drivers for FreeBSD 4.5

When you are having this kind of problem, the first thing to check is your
IRQs.  The Cyclom-Y is able to share IRQs, but some other boards are not.
If the boot is hanging after loading the parallel ports, it may be that
the PCI bus is assigning IRQ7 to the PC300, which then conflicts with the
parallel port.  You can verify this by disabling your printer port in the
PC's BIOS, and see whether the boot completes.  You can also try moving
the board to another slot, which may change the IRQ assignment.  There is
nothing which can be done at the driver level to change IRQs, they are
assigned prior to the driver loading.

Al Roth
Tech Support