Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 1999 14:48:48 +0900
From:      Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        ak@freenet.co.uk
Cc:        cattelan@thebarn.com, aa8vb@ipass.net, tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creative seems to open up SB Live

On Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:28:25 +0000,
  Alex <ak@freenet.co.uk> said:

ak> Speaking of newmidi (hi Seigo!) - how soon are we going to see it in the
ak> tree?  I'm surprised how NetBSD is ahead of us in that respect - they
ak> support a hell of a lot more multimedia hardware than we do.  I guess
ak> everyone has their preferences.

Sorry for my snail work. The bridge drivers are under the final review now.
They will attach both pcm and midi part of a card to a single driver.
After that newmidi is hopefully to be merged, probably by the end of this
year(except for MPU401...). Thanks for being patient!

The coming commit changes the driver configuration, so please watch out for
the HEADS UP. GUS and CS461x(on AOpen AW320 and other cheap PCI cards) will
be newly supported.

Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> <tanimura@freebsd.org>