Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:06:58 -0400
From:      Wade Majors <wade@ezri.org>
To:        Orion Hodson <hodson@icir.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adjusting pcm buffersize?

Ok, Orion Hodson is a genius. I don't know how he diagnoses this stuff
so easily.

I have traced the problem to the esound daemon. Taking esd out of the
loop and using the OSS driver in XMMS works flawlessly under the same
situations that I was getting the underruns with esd. I switch the
output to Esound and the problems return.

Huh.

Since it seems not much stuff will work writing directly (or am I
mistaken?), what are my alternatives here?

Do others seeing this problem have the same results writing directly to
the device?

-Wade