Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:47:39 -0700
From:      "Max Clark" <max.clark@media.net>
To:        "Dirk-Willem van Gulik" <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Subject:   RE: What ever happened with this? "eXperimental bandwidthdelayproduct  code"

First off, thank you everyone who has helped me with this.

After the reading that I have been through this is basically what I've come
to:
throughput = window size / RTT

Which means that if I want a 5Mbit/s throughput and my RTT is 220ms then I
want a window size of 137,500 bytes. Is this inaccurate???

Besides these two sysctls are there any other changes that I should make to
this system?

net.inet.tcp.sendspace
net.inet.tcp.recvspace

Namely should I tweak/enable these sysctls?

net.inet.tcp.msl (The Maximum Segment Lifetime for a packet.)
net.inet.tcp.slowstart_flightsize (The number of packets allowed to be
in-flight during the 	TCP slow-start phase on a non-local network.)
net.inet.tcp.newreno (Enable TCP NewReno Fast Recovery algorithm, as
described in RFC 2582)

I started this thread with a discussion of these features, I am now under
the impression that I do not want to enable/use these sysctls.

net.inet.tcp.inflight_enable
net.inet.tcp.inflight_debug
net.inet.tcp.inflight_min
net.inet.tcp.inflight_max