Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:23:08 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-pkgname.html

Hi,

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-pkgname.html

says:

"The package name should look like
[language[_region]]-name[[-]compiled.specifics]-version.numbers."

This is wrong. It would mean that a package name starts with a minus sign if
language is not specified. I think it should rather be:

"The package name should look like
[language[_region]-]name[[-]compiled.specifics]-version.numbers."

And should the second minus sign be optional? Should not it be mandatory, as
below?

"The package name should look like
[language[_region]-]name[-compiled.specifics]-version.numbers."

Sincerely,

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ