Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2000 00:38:34 +0900
From:      takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.freebsd.org>, msmith@freebsd.org
Cc:        acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI megapatch

In message <20000930000450D.iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>, Mitsuru IWASAKI wrote:
>> In summary, my suggestions are
>>  - i386/i386/acpi_machdep.c
>> 	acpi_find_rsdp() and acpi_mapmem()
>>  - dev/acpi/acpi.c
>> 	acpi_identify() and acpi_find_facp()
>
>Here is a patch for your megapatch at
>http://people.FreeBSD.org/~iwasaki/acpi/patch-for-megapatch.diff
>I'll be happy if you accept and commit this :-)

I think it is better bus attachment code is in MD part than in MI part.
And MD bus attachment code calls MI bus attachment code.

For example,Current acpi_probe code rename to acpi_probesubr and
 call it from acpi_probe in acpi_machdep.c .

And probe method and identify method should not be confused.
Memory area check etc.... can be in MD acpi probe code.

Takanori Watanabe
Public Key</a>
Key fingerprint =  2C 51 E2 78 2C E1 C5 2D  0F F1 20 A3 11 3A 62 2A