Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/21093: New option for restore (patch)

The following reply was made to PR bin/21093; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc: Stefan Moeding <s.moeding@ndh.net>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:30:57 -0700 (PDT)

 > On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 09:30:03AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
 > >  IMO, this is not sufficient enough reason to add the feature.
 >
 > I agree with Matt.  If X feature does not require complex scripts, it's
 > probably not going to be added to Y program (see df -c, etc.).

 If there were some overriding other reason, like, "Amanda needs it", or
 "PicoBSD needs it and doesn't like to run subshells", or "subshells are bad",
 I could go for it. It's a trivial change.

 But, especially for dump (which should Die! Die! Die!), creeping featurism
 probably should be avoided.