Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 07:59:45 -0500
From:      kita jackson <kita@bellatlantic.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   adding users

1. I was attempting to add users via the post-install config, but the
users never could log in?
The screen fields were:
login id, uid, group, full name, member group, and so on.
could you explain these functions and why they would not allow the users
to log in.
2. How exactly do you eliminate using root as the log in?
Again I attempted to change this practice but onbly suceeded in changing
the login passwd for root but not root. Or can you change the namr for
root?

Thanks for any assistance here,
Davidj
P.S.