Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:59:33 -0400
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        chad@shire.net
Subject:   "asr0: Blink LED 0x3 resetting adapter" adaptec 2100S

Hi

I run an adadptec 2100S.  Today it displayed the following message, and=20=

while the system was still "running" and pingable, you couldn't do=20
anything include login.

"asr0: Blink LED 0x3 resetting adapter"

Resetting the machine and going into the onboard ROM SMOR adaptec=20
manager on the card, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.  All of the=20
disks and volumes were "optimal" and no errors were reported on card.

I looked through both the mailist archives, in the adaptec manuals,  and=20=

the adaptec site to see if there was any sort of similar message listed,=20=

but I found no info.  Anyone know what this means?  I looked at the list=20=

of LEDs, wondering if 0x3 meant LED #3, but that does not  make sense,=20=

as that is

"3 Indicates the controller=92s internal operating system is in its idle
loop."

Thanks for any help.  I have had some random freezeups on the machine,=20=

off an on, most recently an hour or two before this adapter reset=20
happened, and I was wondering if they are related.

BY random freezeups, I mean hard freeze on the machine.  I had one this=20=

morning, two weeks ago, and 99 days before that.

But this message about the reset adapter did not hard freeze the=20
machine.     I just think they might  be related, like maybe the RAM=20
module on the adapter is flaky or something.

Thanks
Chad