Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 15:14:26 +0200 (SAST)
From:      <swhite@gov.za>
To:        Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Burning audio CD's

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Bryan Liesner wrote:

> >		cdda2wav -v255 -D0,2,0 -B -Owav
> >		cdrecord -dummy -speed=12 -v dev=1,4,0 -dao -useinfo  *.wav

[deletia]

>          burncd -e -p -s 4 audio track* fixate

I have a Matsushita CW-7502 CDR drive (4x write, 8x read) and used:

cdrecord -speed=2 -v dev=5,0 -dao track??.wav

...to write out a CD which played perfectly on my Sony Discman as well as
my el-cheapo DVD player. A friend's CD player gave some hassles, finding
only one track on the disc, but he's always had erratic results with CDR's
anyway so I never gave it much thought. This was done on a P-II/400 with
160MB Ram, 6GB IDE HDD, running 3.4-RELEASE, XFree86 3.3.6, Netscape 4.7
and StarOffice. Worked just fine.

Regards,
- Sean.

--
"In order for a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored
 by a cat."