Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 1996 22:23:48 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dallas clock chipsets and FreeBSD

Low jitter clocks or workstation class clock accuracy.

Every once in while we run into a problem of maintaining relative to
unix workstatins a low clock jitter rate.

It appears that motherboards from ASUS include a Dallas clock chipset
which is supposed to be just as accurate as unix workstations however
the problem is finding out  how off is the clock chipset given
that is tolerance is +- 5 percent;additionally; we do know that clock chipsets
maintain a fairly constant low jitter rate so the problem is in
finding out the percentage that the clock is off.

Any hints on how to do this?

	Tnks,
	Amancio