Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 21:26:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Hart <dashadow@tchnet.tchnet.com>
To:        James Risner <risner@heathers.stdio.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wanted best serial board 8-16 port

On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, James Risner wrote:

> I have tried Specialx 16 XIO card.
> I have tried digiboard pc8e card.
> I have tried boca bb1004 card.
>
> Who has a suggestion for a solid multiple serial card and who
> has them for sale or trade for one of the above?
>
> I get lots of locked ports with the above cards.
> where processes like getty are frozen, unkillable and listed under
> /bin/ps as "E" or exiting...

I had this problem once too.  Check in your rc.serial file to make sure
that the drainwait it not setup as infinite.  That was our problem, we
fixed that and our Boca runs great now.

John
John Hart, System Administrator                       Technet Internet Services
dashadow@tchnet.com                                               (517)796-8200