Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 13:25:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Nathan Stratton <nathan@robotics.net>
To:        Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
Cc:        Daniel Henry <pchenry@koyote.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ccd help  Was: Re: $500 Reward for help !!!!

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Didier Derny wrote:

> if he is using ccd you only have to reconfigure /etc/ccd.conf with the
> remaining disk

I am using ccd, I was able to get /etc out of my corrupted backup. My
ccd.conf when it worked looked like this:

ccd0	512	none	/dev/wd2c /dev/wd3c

> (it worked find for me)

Well I put ccd in the kernel, but noticed there was not /dev/ccd stuff in
/dev so I did a ./MAKEDEV ccd0 that created ccd0a,b,c,d,e, but no ccd0
file. I was worried aobut that, but there also was not ccd0 in the old
system.

So I did a ccdconfig -C and got the following error.

ccdconfig: open: /dev/ccd0: No shuch file or directory

So, why do I get that and how do I fix it? I need this data in a very bad
way.

> if it works, for the money you can make a donation to the freebsd
> project directly from www.freebsd.org

You got a deal.

> if it was vinum I never used it yet

Nope, it was ccd