Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 21:51:47 -0300
From:      Gustavo Schroeder <gs@melim.com.br>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD essential

Dear gentleman

I'm a computer science student, and i'm aiming to do a workshop with
FreeBSD.
I've downloaded the documentation project manual from your web site, and
also bought The Complete FreeBSD Book, from Walnut Creek CD-ROM.
Those books are only for instalation and administration of the system.
I'm looking for some essential aspects of the operational system, these
aspects are:
    Brief History (I've already find it)
    Caracteristics of the system
    Structure of the system
    Processes - how the system deal with them
                       - how to configure the processes
    Managing - how the system manages the processor
                      - how the system manages the memory
                      - how the system manages Input and Output devices
                      - how the system manages files

I would be pleased if you could inform me were i could find these
information (web site, ftp, newsgroups, etc).
Thanks in advance for your cooperation,
Best Regards

Gustavo Schroeder