Date:      Tue,  4 Feb 97 12:40:25 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard"  <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Z-Mail & FreeBSD

> > Is there anyone out there in the FreeBSD world using Z-Mail?  If you are
whic
> > version for which platform are you using?
>
> There was a FreeBSD port done, which I've tested, but I'm not sure who
> owns Z-mail now and the whole thing has sort of vanished into
> limbo. :-( If we could figure out who has it now, maybe we could
> approach the owners into letting the FreeBSD version out as a promo..

NetManage now owns ZMail, and they do not have a FreeBSD version on their FTP
site, I also got the flyer so here are the version they currently support:

DEC Alpha OSF/1
DEC MIPS Ultrix
HP Apollo Domain
HP 9000
IBM RS/6000
Interactive
MIPS
Motorola
Pyramid (Do people still use those?!?)
Sequent
SGI
Sun Solaris/Spark & Intel
Sun SunOS
UnixWare SVR4.2
80486 NCR 3300 SVR4.0
80386 SCO ODT 3.2

I don't know about the other versions but the SCO version can be run in text
and GUI mode.

You can contact NetManage, Inc.  at 408-973-7171, or I can if you would like.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 02/04/97 12:40:26