Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 02:07:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <root@gits.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   TRAP FAULT 12 and calcru: monotonisation

hi everybody,

this w.e., I upgrade from 4.1-RC to 4.1-STABLE.

for more than one month w/o reboot, I ran 4.1-RC w/o any problems.
since two days, I've plenty on "TRAP FAULT 12: ..." and "calcru:
monotonisation ...", etc. !

I've fast (1/2 an hour) checked my memory using memtest86 since
the full test will run for more than 8 hours. too long.

does someone have experienced the same problem ?

is there a way to go back to 4.1-RC while the TAG have been removed ?
I guess it's not possible to select a snapshot by date combined to
the tag RELENG_4, isn't it ? as I understood cvs it's only possible
to select a snapshot only by tag or by date in -current :(

of course, I've removed my old kernel and even if I kept the old kernel
commands like ps are out of sync. it would be interresting to backup
upgraded files (.old) during a make installworld, isn't it ? for instance,
I will install the fileutils to get the GNU install which probably
is able to do this. if not, I will patch the standard install program.

Cyrille.
--
home: mailto:clefevre@citeweb.net work: mailto:Cyrille.Lefevre@edf.fr