Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:53:40 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Andrej (Andy) Brodnik" <andrej.brodnik@imfm.uni-lj.si>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, John Pettitt <jpp@cloudview.com>
Subject:   Re: Looking for tor users experiencing crashes

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Andrej (Andy) Brodnik wrote:

> However, on my 6.0 I wanted to install recently the WLAN card using ndis.
> The card I wanted to use was dlink (AIRPLUS driver).  The generation of the
> driver using ndisgen went through smoothly, but when I wanted to load the
> kernel module, the machine simply hang. Any suggestions/proposals would
> really nice to get.

If you haven't already, and perhaps even if you have, send a report of this to
stable@FreeBSD.org.  Normally, the debugging instructions at that point will
be to build a kernel with the debugger and various debugging features, and see
if a more useful failure made can be found (i.e., drop to the debugger / break
to the debugger rather than hang), which will help track it down to something
more specific.  Ideally a bug in FreeBSD and not in the driver, from your
perspective, because getting FreeBSD fixed is probably easier :-).

Robert N M Watson