Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:02:16 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Marc Fournier <marc.fournier@acadiau.ca>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        eculp@webwizard.org.mx, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: paranoid question: aout vs ELF...

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, John Birrell wrote:

> Marc Fournier wrote:
> > Unless you can suggestion something else, I don't have much choice in this
> > matter :(  My history file for news is at ~700Meg, and expire won't work
> > because it can't allocate memory due to a hard limit in my kernel.. :(
>
> Is it possible for you to just build a new kernel to get around the
> hard limit problem? Introducing a significant emotional event like upgrading
> to elf at the same time seems unnecessary.

	The problem is that my last upgrade was around mid-July...prior to
CAM being integrated, so it was all 'hand-patched'...if I upgrade just the
'current kernel', I *have* to upgrade the rest, no?  I don't want to go
back to the mid-Jully source tree, since there has been alot of stuff done
with CAM since then :(

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier@acadiau.ca
Systems Administrator, Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"