Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:41:24 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        John Merryweather Cooper <coop9211@uidaho.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update port: www/screem 0.8.2 -> 0.10.1, repo copy www -> editors and some clean up

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:58:39 -0800, John Merryweather Cooper
<coop9211@uidaho.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 09:45, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:15:50 -0800, John Merryweather Cooper
>> <coop9211@uidaho.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > A number of points:
>> >
>> > 1) the update is good as 0.10.1 has just been released and is the
>> stable
>> > version;
>> >
>> > 2) the repo copy should be denied unless all of the HTML editors (such
>> > as bluefish) are going to be moved from www/ to editors/;
>>
>> This is next, I am planning to submit about move bluefish to editors.
>
> This is a bad idea.  What about all the other non-broswer utilities in
> www/?  For that matter, on a purists note one could re-align most of the
> ports tree into editors on the grounds that the program was really an
> editor modifying a file.

Add like 'editors gnome www' should be good as long editors is main.

> I think the original intention was that editors would refer to compiler
> language editors and text editors, and that other editors would go
> elsewhere.

Editors is an editor, nothing more and nothing less. As you said, 'text
editors' and this HTML editor is a text editor too. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.