Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 2015 07:47:53 -0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?B?VGhvbeFzIFMu?= Bregolin <thomas5th@gmail.com>
To:        Graham Menhennitt <graham@menhennitt.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: connecting a PS4 via IPFW

Hello,

Besides the redirect_port option, you still need rules allowing traffic
in to those ports. Excuse-me if you've done that already (I have no way
of knowing).

I'd suggest forwarding one or all of those ports to another host, and
testing with netcat in order to rule out problems with the PS4
configuration or some other problem upstream in your network. Sniffing
with tcpdump might help. There are "port checkers" out there if you
don't have another external address to test from (like canyouseeme.org).

To do proper DMZ, yes, you'd either use more physical interfaces and
connections, or VLANS. That could be overkill in your situation, unless
you're really keen on having a very secure home network.

Best of luck,

Thomas

Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 03:19:09PM +1100, Graham Menhennitt: