Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 08:46:22 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        jkh@morton.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Translators needed urgently!

> I'd like to have at least the top level README, and perhaps the
> INSTALL guide (both of which I'll be revamping substantially in the
> next 24 hours or so) in the following languages:
>
> 	Dutch, French, German, Danish, Swedish, Russian

I can take Russian.

> The new sysinstall has a menu for setting the language type and will
> look first in help/${LANG}/<document> if LANG is set, which the
> installer also allows you to do from a convenient menu.

> I'm going for only the european languages as I'm not certain I'll be
> able to fit the Japanese fonts on the first floppy.  I can certainly
> do ISO-8859-1, which gets me pretty much all the european ones, and
> koi8 is also small.  If I *can* manage Japanese then I certainly will,
  ^^^^
Is it possible to support the 2nd russian encoding, CP866 ? Koi-8
is popular among Relcom (UUCP and IP - based network) and CP866 is
popular among corporate users (for data bases etc.). Really I use
Koi-8 for reading of russian e-mail only and I'll throw it away as soon
as I'll have installed a converter.

> Any takers?  I really won't be needing very much stuff translated
> (about 2 pages, max), but I will need it *fast* since I tend to write
> all the documentation at the very last minute and won't want to hold
> up final production for too long over the translations..

I hope that I'll be quick but I'm not shure.

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia