Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 01:26:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeremy Karlson <karlj000@unbc.ca>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Craig Harding <crh@outpost.co.nz>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GPL nonsense: time to stop

> Because it would be far more productive to correct FreeBSD's policies
> and kick the GPL out of the distribution. There are few things there
> for which non-GPLed code does not exist or cannot be generated with
> a reasonable investment of effort.

Okay then, I'm curious to see EXACTLY which things need to be "corrected"
in your view.  I'm not interested in the GPL-non-GPL debate (and I'm
putting "corrected" in quotation marks to avoid the battle), but let's see
a list.  I'm thinking core stuff only, and I'm assuming (for the moment)
that we're going to continue using GCC, unless you've got other plans.

If you've got the list, maybe there are some takers here.

--

Jeremy

The difference between legal separation and divorce is that legal
separation gives the man time to hide his money.