Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:31:04 +0100
From:      "Dampure, Pierre Y." <pierre.dampure@alveley.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot Oddities

Apologies to all, this was a pilot error. /boot/defaults/loader.conf was
referencing disk1s1a -- it should have been disk2s1a (I forgot the
floppy was included in the unit count).

After a few interesting floppy boots / fdisk / disklabel sessions, I got
the thingie to work.

One point, though: the GENERIC kernel on the snapshot install was
(obvioulsy) unaware of my peculiar setup and thus  refused to load
/boot/loader. This might prove a bit puzzling for newbies like me... and
thus might deserve an FAQ entry.

All in all, absence of answers proved to be the best incentive to hack
around. Oh well, you learn everyday :-)

Best Regards,

PYD