Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 08:02:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Obi Wan Oblivion <vdk@logrus.mv.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with math.h

To Whom It May Concern:

I am running 2.1.5 and cannot seem to get "sqrt" or "sqrtf" to work.  A
good example would be:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

main() {

  unsigned long int number,result;

  number = 64;

  result = (unsigned long int)sqrt((double)number);

  printf("The square root of %d is %d\n", number, result);

  return(0);

}

I build this with "cc -g -o" and get an "Undfined symbol _sqrt".  Are
these math functions not in the standard library, or am I doing something
really bone-headed?  Also, is typecasting appropriate in this case or
will lint shut up and let me do the conversion?

Thanks!

-Jeff