Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 14:07:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 10

First, the error message:

cc -fpic -DPIC -I/usr/src/lib/libmd -DSHA1_ASM -DELF -DRMD160_ASM -DELF -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include  -c /usr/src/lib/libmd/i386/rmd160.S -o rmd160.So
building shared library libmd.so.2
cc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 10
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libmd.
*** Error code 1

Now, the details.  I started on Monday trying to update
a 15 March 00 -current to current -current.  I get the
above error message with a source tree after

*default date=2000.05.23.00.00.00

as specified in my cvsup supfile.  The system builds fine
for all earlier dates that I've tried.  I have used the
following three CFLAGS as set in /etc/make.conf

CFLAGS=
CFLAGS=-O -pipe
CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe

and the above error occurs.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed, but it appears to be
a problem with the new binutils.

--
Steve