Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 1996 23:53:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rashid  Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
To:        frankd@yoda.fdt.net (Frank Seltzer)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, terry@lambert.org, imp@village.org, chuckr@glue.umd.edu, didier@omnix.fr.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.02

> On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Nate Williams wrote:
>
> > Except that VJ++ isn't going to stay 'free' for much longer.  M$ is
> > distributing for free until they get the bugs worked out, then they'll
> > start charging for it.
>
> Kinda like Internet Explorer - it's free until they clobber Netscape.

	Prior to Netscape going bankrupt :)))) we'd
	have to ask them to at least give/sell us
	sources for Unix version of Netscape. MS
	definitely won't support it. Or may be it will
	come up with nastier scenario - Unix version of
	Explorer which will coredump every 3 seconds.
	Then they will blame *nix*es for not being stable/robust/fast
	enough and tell us clueless Unix ppl to switch to Windows :)
	which will be rewritten in JAVA by that time and have
	HMTL support build into the kernel :))

	Rashid.