Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:20:31 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Lawrence Stewart <lstewart@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Automatic crashdumps, etc.

Am 12.07.2009 um 09:16 schrieb Lawrence Stewart:

> You can set debug.debugger_on_panic=0 in /etc/sysctl.conf which will
> make the system automatically dump core and reset instead of sitting
> at the ddb prompt.

I was under the impression that adding ddb_enable="YES" to rc.conf
would run a DDB script that records some information, creates a dump,
and then resets.  However, whenever I've had a panic, I was presented
with just the ddb prompt.  Is something else needed?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811