Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 08:40:58 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        Tony.Marques@mail.sprint.com, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Any help is greatly appreiated...

I have cross posted this to -questions.  You should ask all questions there.

I have worked with the FrontPage extensions a little but not specifically
from the port.  But let's see if I can get you going.

After installing the port, did you run the fpsrvadm.exe program to create
your root web?  If the port puts it in the default location, you'll find it
in /usr/local/frontpage/version4.0/bin.  If you have not created a root web,
I know you can't publish via a FrontPage client.

> Here is my dilemma and I hope someone can help me out.
>
> When I attempt to publish to the web server via it's IP
> Address it asks
> for the following:
>
> [PICTURE]

By [PICTURE], do you mean the login box?

> When I put in the Name and Password that I set-up it comes right back
> with the same screen. What am I doing wrong?

You need to use the name and password that you used when creating your root
web.  This has nothing to do with any accounts on your FBSD box.

HTH,

Drew