Date:      29 Jan 2003 15:23:00 -0800
From:      Peter Kieser <pfak@telus.net>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [bsd-advocacy] Re: Draft: Proposed FreeBSD PubRel project	Charter

I guess we can probably take this as some kind of flamer. No, we really
don't care about the costs of transmission or storage. I myself have an
unmetered T1, so it doesn't really matter what I use, when I use it.
Also storage isn't a big deal, what is 1284 lines of text amount to? 2KB
max for a file.

If you dont like how we conduct ourselves on this list, then please
unsubscribe, and save us the hassle of writing an email to you as a
flamer, and explaining that we "just do it" this way.

Other then that, this was just about as productive as the 22 lines of
original text that are in some of the mailing messages. Get used to it.

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 14:45, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> I just joined this list.  The five messages of this thread which I just
> downloaded used 1284 lines for 22 lines of original text.
>
> Am I wrong to note that?  Is there no need to worry about anybody's costs
> of transmission and storage?  Or readers need to scroll messages to search
> for embedded comments which aren't there?
>
> Also,
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAILa
> says only that the list is "FreeBSD Evangelism".  It has no charter.  If a
> regular will write one up, I'll wait for others to improve on it for a
> couple of days and then I'll paste it into a PR, etc.

Peter Kieser
pfak@telus.net