Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:31:11 +0900 (JST)
From:      Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        murray@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG, csfbsd@raggedclown.net, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/sbin/sysinstall for -stable (cvs commit: src/release/sy

In article <20020312215209.GT7036@freebsdmall.com>
Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

> > Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing sysinstall moved either...it makes
> > doing MFCs easier.  :-)
>
>   John originally asked for the repo-copy in -CURRENT.  Maybe he can
> comment about plans for sysinstall in -STABLE?

Sysinstall in -current has a problem.

The sysinstall command has boot0 and mbr images inside. But, since it
is used installed binaries in /boot at making usr.sbin/sysinstall, the
sysinstall command has old boot image(s) even if boot0 and/or mbr is
modified.

Moreover, it breaks cross-building like building for alpha binaries on
i386 box, building for pc98 binaries on i386 box, etc.

I posted a patch to resolv this problem. Please see the following thread.
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=55656+60763+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-current/20010930.freebsd-current

Please don't MFC moving sysinstall before this problem is resolved.

Thank you.

---
TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro
THE CENTER for INFORMATION SCIENCE, Kogakuin Univ.