Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:42:27 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gtk-engines

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 10:47:10PM -0800, Jim Mock wrote:

> It comes from ImageMagick.. /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick.  I guess I
> should've mentioned that :-)  I've Cc'd this back to -ports because I
> forgot to do so.  Also, be warned, ImageMagick has a bunch of
> dependencies, one of which is ghostscript, which has a bunch of
> dependencies.  Perhaps gtk-engines should have a dependency on that
> beast?

Actually, it's not ImageMagick that's the culprit, it's
graphics/imlib.

If you just do a "make configure" on this port, you'll see a
whole shedload of other things it looks for as helper applications,
(ImageMagick, netpbm, povray, jbigkit, hdf etc.. etc..) as well
as all the usual culprits.

I can probably sit down and work out the exact list and add them
in as either LIB or BUILD DEPENDS, but it's going to dramatically
increase the complexity of things.

As a side note, the above is just one of the reasons the GNOME
folks are in the process of dropping imlib out of the proverbial
33rd storey window..  with the complexity of _their_ systems,
this should be telling everybody something about imlib :)

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.