Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:01:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hunter Peress <hfastjava@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BitTorrent Mirror of 5.0

We're in debian (and hence knoppix), and gentoo. Both of these packages have come
from users of BitTorrent. Other packages like a ports style one will currently
also have to come from users. BT isnt a company, nor will it ever be FYI. The BT
teams works only on development of the protocol and its python implementation (and
some platform specific guis).

The tar.gz is a very clean self contained directory, so having a actual package is
*almost* overkill since there is no building involved (since its in python).

Anyway, give the link below a try and see how you like it, keep in mind that since
barely anyone participated in this torrent (b/c our publicity efforts on here and
on slashdot didnt have much effect) that the performance won't be amazing. The more
people torrenting on a given file, the better it performs for all people.