Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:46:43 -0700
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secure RPC revisited

Bill Paul wrote:

> I don't think the Linux people 'solved' this in any way. I think
> they just went ahead and included the code and either weren't aware
> of the export laws, or they were aware of them and just hoped that
> nobody would notice what they were doing.

Being surrounded by Linux bigots most of the day, information like this
makes it very tempting to hinder the entire Linux effort by placing a
few yet highly effective phone calls.

The idea's quite sleazy, though, so I won't be doing it.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov