Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 01:22:01 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
To:        "Lynn, Tun" <TLynn@allstate.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: modem thing

If you bought internal modems, return them and get an external. Only
with an external modem can you be sure it is not a "Winmodem". This type
of modems needs a Windows software driver to function, and do not work
under non_win OS's.
External modems also have the benefit that you can see the diagnostic
LEDs.

Check out "man ppp" and the example configuration file. Everything is
very understandable and more like a tutorial. If there would be an Oscar
or Emmy award for man pages, I would nominate this one.

===Janko van Roosmalen - Vught - Netherlands===