Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:33:46 -0500
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question re: batch conversion of m4a files....

Not sure this is the right list.... but..... couldn't find one that was a
better "fit".

Anyone know if there's a port (or combination of ports) that would allow
conversion of file(s) from m4a format to mp3?

M4a is a "lossless" format and is similar to what Apple's Itunes uses, but
unprotected (no DRM embedded, so no problem with "reading" them) - I have
a buttload of them but need them in MP3 format for a media player that can't
"eat" m4a native.

There are Windows "pay for" software solutions, but of course, if there are
ports in the FreeBSD collection that can do this (either singularly or as a
pipeline) that'd be even better....

A quick look through the ports descriptions hasn't resulted in a "Eureka!",
so I figured I'd ask here.... perhaps someone else has faced the same
issue...

Thanks in advance!

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	My home on the net - links to everything I do!