Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 01:48:10 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Guy Avraham <guya@netvision.net.il>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems.

hello

i had been trying to install the freebsd 2.1.0

and i an facing some annoying fenomina.

i chose the novice installation, followed all the help guieds and finally

got 'you have successfu......press <enter> to reboot'

i thought it was the end of the installation, but when rebooting

the kernel loads up and i get a msg. saing "panic: canot mount root .!"

"system will reboot in ..."

well i tryd repartitioning the disk and reinstalling from scratch...but

got the same old msg. again.

well .... what should i do ?? i am almost ready to give up and install

red-hat linux...

my machine is :

1. intel p-100-s.

2. tryton III mother-board.

3. 16 MB of EDO ram memory.

4. SCSI (IDE based) supported cd-r.

5. HDD :

        1. 850 IDE primary master.

        2. 120 IDE primary slave.

        3. 730 IDE secondary master.

the HDD with i am tring to install upon is a 730 MB in size and it is all

dedicated to the FreeBSD system. (does not have any DOS partition).

if you need any more setales pls. let me know and i will be more that

happy to give it to you.

pls. tell me what to do, since i had waisted a full night and a lot of

internet hours searching the FAQ with no success.

thanks a lot.

Madg.