Date:      Wed, 01 Jul 1998 10:54:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marino Ladavac <lada@pc8811.gud.siemens.at>
To:        Craig Spannring <cts@internetcds.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Unsupport calls

On 30-Jun-98 Craig Spannring wrote:
> Marino Ladavac writes:
>  > >
>  > sigwait is in libc_r, being a part of POSIX pthread specification.
>  >
>  > /Marino
>

> sigwait() is indeed in libc_r, but it is broken.  See misc/7039 in
> gnats.

Sad, but true.  In fact, all of pthread stuff is pretty badly broken,
at least in 2.2.6-R.  I hear that -stable includes a practically full
re-write of thread stuff, but I cannot follow stable :(

The main point is that it is there, and will work eventually (unlike
the sigrelse() and that ilk).

/Marino

> --

Marino Ladavac