Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 05:13:45 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        Alastair D'Silva <deece@newmillennium.net.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Libalias Corruption

Bernd Walter wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 11:20:13PM +1100, Alastair D'Silva wrote:
> > I've had a weird problem since installing 5-CURRENT on my gateway,
> > traffic originating from the gateway is fine, as is UDP from the
> > unregistered network behind it, however, TCP traffic from the
> > unregistered network is dropped.
> >
> > It seems that natd/libalias is corrupting the tcp header.
>
> I've noticed the same with source from 2003-02-08.
> Before I was running 2002-12-27.
> Replacing natd with an older version worked.
> I can see translated tcp packets going out and the answers are
> translated back by natd, but not reinjected into my ipfw rules.

I pointed this out before; the IP checksum update is using the old
RFC, not the new one, so it occasionally gets 0x0000 when it should
get 0xffff (one's complement vs. two's complement).

This gets really obvious really quickly when you put in a printf
that spits when it sees a bad checksum (before and after).

-- Terry