Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:34:16 -0400
From:      Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for thread testers

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

I'm currently running several -CURRENT systems with libc_r mapped to
libthr via libmap.conf.  One is running postfix and BIND8 (I'm planning
to upgrade to 9 this weekend).  The other's running KDE but has GNOME
installed as well.

I'd be happy to do performance testing with the various thread
libraries.  Are there any good benchmarks for mail/dns/http in the ports
collection?  The machine is low-end (Celeron/333) so any performance
differences will likely show up clearly :)

As far as the desktop applications go, I'm rebuilding KDE to fix the
konsole bug causing problems with libthr et al.  Otherwise I haven't had
any compatibility issues with any of the applications.  I'll start
hitting GNOME as well to see if anything gives me problems.

--Mike

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS--