Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 16:23:54 -0500
From:      Bob Martin <bob@buckhorn.net>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 10

Steve Kargl wrote:

> First, the error message:
>
> cc -fpic -DPIC -I/usr/src/lib/libmd -DSHA1_ASM -DELF -DRMD160_ASM -DELF -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include  -c /usr/src/lib/libmd/i386/rmd160.S -o rmd160.So
> building shared library libmd.so.2
> cc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 10
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/lib/libmd.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Now, the details.  I started on Monday trying to update
> a 15 March 00 -current to current -current.  I get the
> above error message with a source tree after
>
> *default date=2000.05.23.00.00.00
>
> as specified in my cvsup supfile.  The system builds fine
> for all earlier dates that I've tried.  I have used the
> following three CFLAGS as set in /etc/make.conf
>
> CFLAGS=
> CFLAGS=-O -pipe
> CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
>
> and the above error occurs.
>
> Any and all suggestions are welcomed, but it appears to be
> a problem with the new binutils.
>
> --
> Steve

If you are using an older K6 with more than 32mb of ram, this will
happen from time to time of it's own accord. I have never taken the time
to find out why, but if you search the archives, you will find that it
happens quite a bit.

Bob
--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."