| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
With

	$ sysctl -aod | grep "snd"

you can get some information related to sound. Otherwise, see
the manpage for your audio driver which contains all the tunables
it has. Also see "man pcm", it contains a lot of those.

> I haven't been able to get sound from FreeBSD on this system for years.=
=A0=20
> Linux Mint, KDE Neon, and Ubuntu 24.04=A0 DO deliver sound to the hdmi/dp=
=20
> port.

If you're using HDMI, make sure that it is set as the default
unit (see above), or otherwise you will only get audio through
the speakers or 3.5mm connectors (whatever your system provides).
Why do I know? Because I "recently discovered" this fact on a
HP mini laptop... ;-)

--=20
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany