Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:55:46 -0700
From:      Mike Hunter <mhunter@ack.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Core dump with tip (ucom0 -> external modem)

On Apr 26, "To Daniel O'Connor" wrote:

> > then bt at the gdb prompt.
>
> Thanks for taking a look at it.
>
> GNU gdb 5.2.1 (FreeBSD)
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...
> (no debugging symbols found)...
> Core was generated by `tip'.
> Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.5...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
> Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.5
> Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...
> done.
> Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
> #0  0x08049bd2 in connect ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x08049bd2 in connect ()
> #1  0x0804d055 in send ()
> #2  0x08049942 in sigprocmask ()
> (gdb)

I went and built tip with debugging symbols...

(gdb) set args -9600 33230
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/src/usr.bin/tip/tip/tip -9600 33230
Stale lock on ucom0 PID=6696... overriding.

0x08049cd7 in connect () at acu.c:110
110                             if (*cp != '\0')
(gdb) bt 10
#0  0x08049cd7 in connect () at acu.c:110
#1  0x0804d4bd in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfbfec48) at tip.c:202
#2  0x08049a42 in _start ()
(gdb)

checking for cp != NULL fixes the seg fault, but it still hangs for
me...sigh.

Mike