Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:16:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Paul Bauer <bauerp@mailgate.classic.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sb32 configuration in 2.2.8

I have installed my sound card in 2.2.8 using the following in my config
file.  controller      pnp0
device        pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 tty irq ?  drq ? flags 0x15 vector
pcmintr

it seems to find the device when the kernel loads and a pnpinfo shows that
it is also detected.  when i try to use any application that accesses the
sound card i get device not configured messsages.  is there more to the
process then just installing these lines and recompiling the kernel?  if
so would someone be so kind as to explain the entire procedure to me.  i
have tried numerous different things and have become pretty much frstrated
by this proces.

THANK YOU!